This month we are celebrating all things Romantic here at TravelBug.ie We have teamed up with our travel experts to come up with unique romantic travel ideas for your next trip. Travel always has some element of romance attached to it. Everyone feels some kind of spark as they walk through stunning landscapes, taste delicious food and learn about new cultures.
From the pristine beaches of Bali to the clear blue seas of the magical Greek Islands, there is enough love in the world for everyone to enjoy a slice of romance. If you are planning a romantic escape or a honeymoon for 2020 we have chosen some destinations designed for lovers.
Here are our Top 10 Romantic Places to Visit 2020
- Bali: From its volcanic forests to its exclusive tropical resorts, Bali is a top place of choice for couples around the world. Relax, unwind and enjoy the peaceful surroundings of palm trees and sandy beaches.
- New York: If you are a couple who love to explore cities, discover culture, shop and enjoy some of the best entertainers in the world then New York is a must visit. Get tickets to a show on Broadway, laugh your socks off at a comedy gig, take a romantic stroll in Central Park and get a taste of the high life.
- Isle of Skye: A remote, untouched part of Scotland is bursting with nature. To truly escape city life travel to the vast landscapes of the remote Isle of Skye. Enjoy a pint with the friendly locals in one of the many fishing villages and discover a hidden past in the ruins and castles.
- Cinque Terre: Another famous honeymoon spot is the fabulous Italian coast of Cinque Terre. Walk the path of the gods, sip the local wines and taste delicious Italian cuisine. All along the coastline there are small, colourful villages carved into the cliff edges. Explore them all and take a boat trip to Capri to soak up the lemon filled streets.
- The Maldives: Dive into the crystal blue waters of the Maldives. This island escape is already a honeymoon mecca. Enjoy a romantic boat ride and tasting delicious fresh sushi. Treat yourself to a stay in one of the luxurious villas jutting out into the ocean, relax in a hammock for two with your loved one and sip on delicious cocktails. What more could you want?
- Bora Bora: For a slice of paradise look no further than the beautiful shores of Bora Bora. This region is renowned for its scuba diving as it is positioned in a protected coral reef. Spoil yourself and a loved one with a stay at one of the luxurious resorts. Bring a good book and enjoy switching off while relaxing in heavenly surroundings.
- Northern Lights: Tick Iceland off your bucket-list this year with a trip to see the world famous Northern Iights. Take a dip in the hot springs, cosy up by the fire with the snow capped hills around you and witness one of natures phenomena.
- Greece: Watch the sunset on some of the worlds most wonderful beaches or take a dip in the turquoise water off the greek islands. Greece is the perfect romantic escape. Whether you are planning to hop from Island to Island or relax in a luxury beach resort, you will be spoiled for choice in Greece. Santorini is one of the top destinations for honeymooners. Mykonos is renowned for its party atmospheres and Kos is ideal for all outdoor lovers. The addition of fresh local produce and year round sunshine puts this in our top 10 must visit romantic places.
- Paris: Everywhere you go in Paris you will feel the allure of the past. From the cobbled streets of Montmartre to the lively latin quartre, you will find plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Join thousands of lovers from around the world to rejoice at the most iconic Eiffel Tower.
- Tuscany: A taste of Tuscany is just what any couple needs to revive the romance in a relationship. From the stunning historic centre of Sienna to the walled town of Lucca to the rolling vineyards, Tuscany is packed full of cosy villages just waiting to be explored. Enjoy a bowl of fresh linguine with a bottle of famous Italian red wine as you watch the sun go down.
To get your next romantic itinerary get in touch with one of our travel experts to learn more.